One.govt provides a fully managed suite of telecommunication network and security services, suitable for all agencies regardless of scale.
Agency ContactDepartment of Internal Affairs Sandeep Dalvi One.govt Product Manager +64 4 462 0138
One.govt provides a fully managed suite of telecommunication network and security services that include:
- WAN services of various bandwidths (with encryption as required)
- high speed internet services with international bandwidth pooled to the benefit of all agencies.
- A voice gateway using SIP trunking to reduce telephony costs and provide free inter-agency calling
- fully managed cloud-based email and web protection
- Secure Encrypted Email (SEEMail) gateway service available onsite or hosted.
Dimension Data New Zealand is contracted to provide One.govt for all-of-government. Dimension Data manages the telecommunications services using FX Networks as their main network partner. Email & Web protection services are managed with cloud services provided by McAfee.
Agencies can adopt One.govt services without going through procurement processes saving time and money. All services are also available as fully managed, freeing up agencies from having to manage their own network and security services.
Other benefits include:
- bandwidths are guaranteed
- high speed internet services with international bandwidths pooled to the benefit of agencies
- voice gateway that reduces telephony costs and provides free interagency calling.
The Department of Internal Affairs
Adopting the service
Agencies wanting to take up One.govt do not need to undertake a full procurement process. The lead agency has procured the product on behalf of all agencies and has signed a Lead Agency Agreement with the vendor.
Agencies can take advantage of the work done by the Lead Agency by contacting the product manager and following the process below.
- Sign a standard confidentiality agreement so the vendor catalogue can be released
- Sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Internal Affairs as Lead Agency. This MoU sets out each party’s rights and obligations.
- Sign a Participating Agency Agreement (PAA) with the supplier
- Once the MoU and the PAA are agreed the supplier will transition the service
The One.govt Participating Agency Agreement along with the One.govt service levels and terms and conditions, as agreed in the Lead Agency Agreement with Internal Affairs, constitutes the contract to deliver One.govt services to agencies.
Lead Agency Agreement summary
- Closed Supplier Panel
- Initial ten-year agreement, signed in 2009, with one two-year op
Lead Agency Agreement details
Department of Internal Affairs, as Lead Agency, has entered into a Syndicated Agreement with Dimension Data for One.govt services.
The Syndicated Agreement enables eligible agencies to subscribe to the service via a Participating Agency Agreement.
DIA and each Participating Agency enter into a Memorandum of Understanding that sets out each party’s rights and obligations in relation to the Lead Agency's role and Participating Agencies' participation in the collaborative arrangements.
Agencies using the service