Government Enterprise Architecture supports ICT functional leadership and ICT enabled transformation across government.
The Government Enterprise Architecture team is part of the GCIO team, working to the General Manager System Transformation.
Specifically Government Enterprise Architecture has responsibility for:
- Leading enterprise architecture practice across the New Zealand government
- Developing and maintaining the Government Enterprise Architecture for New Zealand (GEA-NZ)
- Maintaining the GEA-NZ Standards Reference, which is the definitive reference for information, communications and technology (ICT) standards across government.
- Overseeing the architecture of the ICT common capabilities and other cross-agency ICT initiatives.
- Sponsoring research and development into emerging standards and common capability requirements
- Leading the cross-agency Government Enterprise Architecture Group (GEAG) which advises the Government Enterprise Architect